This is my 4 O'clock fix! I always have a craving for sweet in the afternoon, so I decided to replace my chocolate bar with a healthy snack that provides fast and sustained energy. These delicious energy balls are easy and quick to prepare with no baking involved!
Date & Roll
- 1\2 cup Pecans, walnuts or almonds (roasted give a better taste)
- 1\2 cup Unsweetened organic coconut flake
- 1\2 cup Organic cacao powder
- 1\2 cup Hemp seeds
- 1\2 cup Dates
- Maple syrup and almond milk for consistency
- Unsweetened organic coconut flake or raw sesame seeds to decorate
Heat the dates with a little almond milk to soften them. Put all the dry ingredients in a food processor, add the dates. Process all the ingredients until the desired texture is reached. Add maple syrup to your taste. Almond milk if needed for consistency.
Variations- you can add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper … to your taste.
To shape into balls, use a tablespoon or your hands to scoop the mixture (however much you like to shape one ball), then roll it between the palms of your hands.
Roll each ball in coconut flakes.
Photography by Patricia Brochu